Elise always has something on her needles. Watch her progress on models for The Busy Needle, as well as on her own projects and designs.

Monday, March 31, 2008

That new sweater...


The decision is made! I've chosen the yarn for the new sweater (the one on the cover of Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2008) but it isn't what I thought it would be. I've chosen a Reynolds yarn called Soft Linen in the most gorgeous shade of ice blue.

I'm hoping to have this sweater completed by the time I leave for Greece at the end of April. As I'll be spending a few days in Washington, DC, before my flight, I do have some wiggle room.

Now for the changes....

First, I'm thinking about making this sweater one wave repeat longer than it is shown on the Vogue Knitting cover. Personally I don't like sweaters that hit exactly at the waist - at least not on me - so I have to dig out the tape measure to make sure this is what I want to do before I jump into editing the pattern.

And second, I'm going to make those sleeves a bit longer. It will be difficult to wear a t-shirt under it if the t-shirt arms are sticking out! Since I plan to take mostly t-shirts with me on the trip, this lengthening of the sweater's arms is a must.

Hopefully I can start this tonight, as I've completed my knitting goal for the weekend. (I finished the second hank of Berroco's Linen Jeans on the other sweater I'm making! Yea!)

No comments: