Elise always has something on her needles. Watch her progress on models for The Busy Needle, as well as on her own projects and designs.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

When Do I Have the Time?

That's a very good question. I usually tell people I have some free time during my day... usually between 4-5 am, but I'd prefer to sleep!

On a more serious note, I often have multiple projects going at once. Last I counted I had 14 cross stitch pieces in various stages of completion.

The one closest to completion is Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum's Earthdancer. The stitching is finished and the beading is partially done... and it's been on the frame like this for 5+ years now. It was to be a gift for my husband and someday Frank may yet receive it... just not anytime soon. This piece is on the frame at the shop. I'll take a photo of it later this week and post it here. In the meantime, note that the background fabric shown in the chart photo looks brown. The fabric suggested is Prairie Grain linen - and it's green. This is obviously a printing error in the chart's photo. The photo's color register was not correct and the photo was printed anyway. (Fortunately, the piece really does look better on the green linen!)

As soon as the beading is complete on Earthdancer, I have another piece that is ready to go on the frame. Mirabilia's Midsummer Night's Fairy is already stitched and awaiting its beads. I stitched this piece on a white linen background as I didn't feel the blue depicted on the chart did justice to the design. On white, the fairy and tree branch on which she sits just pop off the page. I'll post a photo of my work as soon as I take one.

All of the charts for the pieces on which I'm working are available for sale at The Busy Needle shop as well as on The Busy Needle's website. Please visit us anytime! You can even shop online in your jammies.

After searching for the chart photos for the above pieces, I realize I underestimated the number of works-in-progress that I have going. I'll clue you in to the actual number later when I've taken photos!

No comments: