Elise always has something on her needles. Watch her progress on models for The Busy Needle, as well as on her own projects and designs.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sometimes they practically stitch themselves...

While I do take my time finishing some projects, there are others that just call to me to finish quickly.

Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum's Angel of Hope was one such project. She was completed, framed, and shipped off to a friend in California about a year ago. She only took 6 months to stitch and I was working on other WIPs for the shop at the same time. I've included a photo of the finished piece here, with a slide show of her progress at the bottom of the page.

Hopefully you can see that I chose reds for her hair, instead of the browns suggested in the chart.
Kim (framer extraordinaire at the shop) did a fabulous job in the framing of this piece. Her choice of suede mats with this frame set off the piece exquisitely.

I think this piece would be stunning if I changed her hair to a lighter red, and made the gown's sash a Irish grass green. I will do this one again in those colors..... someday.

No comments: