Elise always has something on her needles. Watch her progress on models for The Busy Needle, as well as on her own projects and designs.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Yarn Change!

Here's an update on the Vogue Cover sweater:

I knit the gauge swatch for this sweater and didn't like it. The stitches were too loose at the gauge required. This yarn (Reynold's Soft Linen) definitely looks better knit at a tighter gauge.

Back to the shop for another yarn.

I tried Berroco's Love It in a pale yellow.... and LOVED IT! It knits up beautifully; the stitch definition was wonderful; it felt good at the recommended gauge; so this is the yarn I used.

By the time I left for Washington DC to fly to Greece, I had both fronts and most of the back complete. All I needed to do was finish the lace pattern at the back shoulders, block it, sew it together, and wear it on the plane! Lots of time to accomplish this as I would be in DC for 4 days.

Unfortunately..... I ran out of yarn with 3 rows to go!!!!! I should have known to take an "extra" ball - just in case - but in the rush to pack and get on the road, I didn't put an extra one into my knitting bag. This was just less 48 hours before flight time... no time to have another sent via UPS (and I refused to pay the FedEx overnight charges for one ball of yarn) but plenty of time to have blocked and sewn it together before the flight. Grrr...

I went to Greece without the completed sweater. In fact, I was so upset that I couldn't even bring myself to finish knitting it until last week. Every time I looked at it I got mad all over again and put it back into the bag. I basted it together on July 3rd so I (and the five gals who are taking the class on July 5th) could try it on.

Class response next!

No comments: